home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bento - Sleeping with the Fishes

In honor of Halloween, I made a "sleeping with the fishes" bento lunch for our son.  I considered putting a note on it that said something cute about not sleeping with the fishes, but since he's just learning to read, I decided that the adult that helped him to read the note may not find the same humor in it that our son would have.
 Peeled grapes as eyeballs, boiled all natural kosher hotdogs, boiled onion, and ketchup as "fingers." Slice the hotdogs, cut the knuckle slits, and remove the nailbeds prior to boiling.
 Golden raisins with a headstone fruit leather, fruit snacks with a bat fruit leather, mandarin oranges and maraschino cherry as a "flower" for the deceased. (I saved the "negatives" of the fruit leather in a ziploc for use on tomorrow's lunch.)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment