home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Wicked Easy Thai Chicken and Long Kow Vermicelli Noodle Soup

I needed a REALLY fast meal tonight.  I had zero time.  Truly.  I know my pantry may contain some items that not everyone keeps on hand, but if you DO...this is an incredibly easy meal that comes together in no time.  (I told you I had NO TIME!😉)  It's similar to a Thai Tom Ka soup.

Wicked Easy Thai Chicken and Long Kow Vermicelli Noodle Soup 


3 Long Kow Vermicelli noodle bundles (126 grams)
4 C chicken stock
2 cans coconut milk
1/4 C Thai Red Curry Paste
2 T Ginger paste from tube or 1 T of freshly grated ginger (adjust to taste)
1 t kaffir lime leaves (optional)
1/4 C low sodium soy sauce (GF if preferred)
3 T brown sugar
Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, cubed
1 C carrot sticks (hand-cut or pre-cut)
1 can bamboo shoots, drained and sliced into sticks
Fresh basil
Fresh cilantro
Sriracha

Place Vermicelli noodles in a bowl and cover with cold water.
Place next 7 ingredients in a pot on the stove and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add chicken.
Drain noodles and add to pot.  Heat through for 3 more minutes.
Place in bowls and garnish with remaining ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment