home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fall!

If you live in Texas, then you know that we all were afraid fall may never come.  The extreme heat combined with the worst drought we've ever had has been truly miserable.  This weekend's cooler weather inspired me to decorate for the new season that's on the horizon.  (It is September after all!)
The mirror is one that we've had for a while, and it's from Hobby Lobby, as is the old mirror that I put inside the fireplace.  The battery-operated candles (with timers) are from Target.  The new painting, "Poppies", is my newest purchase during last week's 50% off sale at Hobby Lobby.  I love the colors and knew it would be a good match for the mantle wall. 
I made the banner with burlap, twine and a paint pen.  I love that it's subtle, but still gives more depth and texture to the overall decor.  I tried to do it the "easy" way by using iron-on heat & bond.  Honestly, it would have been easier to sew the straight line on the burlap triangles.  (They were 9" wide and 12" tall when I started, and then I folded the top over the twine and trimmed the edges.)
I have some branches and leaves that I may or may not put in vases and flank the mantle.  I just haven't found vases that I love yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment