home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Custom Built-In and Cushion

Our 7 year old needed a better system for storage and use of space in his room. I measured and sketched what I thought would work best, and my Father-In-Law built this amazing piece and installed it while we were on vacation.  It is so much more than I dreamed, and he even included a secret compartment for our spy-obsessed little guy.
I bought a piece of foam and covered it in gray duck canvas, because the fabric I wanted was $60/yard. I used the same method I did with my dining room chairs to create "subway art" word art. Now, it's a perfect match for his NYC themed room, and it cost less than $25 (with coupons)  to make the custom cushion for the reading nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment