Whether you want to make it all from scratch or use store-bought items, these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Mummy kolaches are sure to be a Halloween favorite.
Easy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Mummies
- Crescent roll sheets (I used regular crescent rolls and pressed them together, because our store didn't have any crescent sheets.)
- Pumpkin butter (homemade is my preference, but store-bought works just as well. I use a modified version of this recipe. This could also be substituted with any jelly or other fruit butter.)
- 3 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used clear Mexican Vanilla)
- 1 Tablespoon milk (more as desired)
- Candy eyes (or raisins, dried cherries or blueberries, or other candies)
- Whip cream cheese, butter, sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth.
- Roll out crescent roll sheets on parchment paper and divide into 4 rectangles.
- Cut slits on left 1/3 and right 1/3 of each rectangle.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in center 1/3 of each rectangle.
- Spread pumpkin butter on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Pull alternating strips across the center of each rectangle leaving a slight opening near the top for the eyes.
- If you are using dried fruit, you can place them in before baking. If you are using candy for the eyes, place them in after baking.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
To help save some money any time of the year, check out Raise.com! You can buy a gift card to get great deals when shopping for ingredients or sell gift cards for cash. This great new site lets users purchase gift cards for less than their value, helping to save you some extra money-- be sure to check out this site when planning to make your Halloween treats!