home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Elf on the Shelf: Elf-sized Igloo

A clean milk carton, clear plastic cup, about 100 cotton balls, hot glue and a strand of Christmas lights made this Elf Igloo a huge hit in our house!!! Even my husband loves the igloo!
I cut the bottom 3-5" off the milk jug, removed the lid (because it wasn't clear), and created a "door" for the clear (bottom removed and cut/trimmed to fit) plastic cup to fit. I hot glued the cup to the jug, and then went to town with hot glue and cotton balls.  I doubled up with cotton balls in the depressions in the jug near the handle. I tucked a strand of lights inside, and our Elf is nestled inside.
The project took about 30 minutes to complete; just be careful with the hot glue!
Check out all of my other Elf on the Shelf ideas and printables, too!
As always, I encourage you to create some of the "super special" Elf surprises, and then trade them with your friends and neighbors so that the joy (and efforts) are shared!!!
By all means, share this, pin it, print it, blog about it, but please link back to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment