For the Ear Muffs:
- Pipe Cleaner - 4 1/4"
- Fleece scraps cut into 4 (or 6 depending on how thick you want the muffs) 1/2" circles - you can use the scraps from the corners you cut from the sleeping bag pieces if you made a sleeping bag for your elf
- Glue (I used a glue gun)
I chose 2 colors of fleece - one for the "inside" and one for the "outside" of each muff. Although felt may seem like it will work, it really isn't fluffy enough, so you'll need more layers. Glue 2 circles together with the end of the pipe cleaner between them, and repeat at the other end.
DIY Elf Scarf (Short or Long):
- 5-8" of fleece or felt (1/3-3/4" wide)
Cut felt or fleece to desired length and make slits at both ends 1/2-1" deep (depending on if you made a short or long scarf)
DIY Scone for your Elf:
- 4" strips of thin tan, cream, or chocolate colored foam sheets in 3/4" width
- Fold one corner over to the opposite long edge. Continue folding (as you would a flag.)
- Glue to keep it's shape.
- Color with marker if you want to add "cranberries," "orange," "blueberries," or "chocolate chips."
- Use white or dark brown puff paint for the "icing." Sprinkle the wet puff paint with iridescent glitter flakes if desired.
Check out our other Elf on the Shelf Ideas and Free Printables here! Please feel free to pin, link, and share, but link to our blog posts and not directly to the printables.