home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Closet Makeover & Organization - Part 3

This project has really taken on a life of its own.  I'm not sure how many "parts" need to happen before it's complete....
Before
Jewelry Organization

Here are a few "Before" pictures as a refresher....or visual odor actually.  Nothing refreshing about these.


Here is what I've been up to...

First, I added this "pressed tin" wallpaper behind my shoe shelving.

(Imperial VP131600 Architectural Tin Ceiling Paintable Wallpaper on Amazon for $14.99)





Then, after the wallpaper had dried, I added some Valspar metallic silver glaze (that I already had from another project) to the wallpaper




I despised the light in my closet.  It held one puny little bulb to illuminate my entire closet, and it didn't do anything for me.  We changed that.  I will say that I had an incredibly difficult time getting this light.  (First, a box of organic diapers was shipped to me instead.  Then, they had to refund my $, which took a week.  Then, it wasn't available.  When it finally was, and I did order it, it looked like it had fallen off of the back of a truck and had some missing/broken pieces.  It was a booger to put together, too.)  It's intended to hang a little lower as a chandelier, but my doll of a husband worked with feathers and crystals in his face to install this for me.  The result?  swoon.

It's intended to hang lower like this one....I'm in love with it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment