I've been horrible about not only making bentos lately, but taking pictures and blogging about them when I do. My son even complained over the weekend, so I promised to do some fun ones this week. Here is today's lunch in a Laptop Lunch box.
- Raspberry yogurt covered pretzels - or "hearts."
- Sesame sticks - have you *seen* how dry it's been in Texas? We desperately need some rain.
- The yellow pear-shaped tomatoes have been inverted with a sprig of mint (all from our garden) to create a "Yellow Rose."
- There's a peanut butter and honey sandwich painted like a Texas flag with a cinnamon star cookie from our bulk organic section.
- I created an interpretive "bluebonnet field" with dried blueberries, mint sprigs, and some popcorn.
- The peanut butter bar is for snack time.
- I made an explanatory note for each section, except for the sandwich. It received a handmade sugar cookie with an "I ♥ TX" emblem reminescent of the "I ♥ NY" emblems.