home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fresh Shrimp or Crab-Stuffed Avocado Dip

I love, and I mean lurve, avocados.  I love them fried, stuffed, smashed, and in my mouth!  There's a restaurant in Austin (Trudy's) that makes a killer fried & stuffed avocado, but it's an indulgence.  You eat them once a year, and you don't dare try to figure out how many calories you consumed.  Last spring, my husband and I were in Shiner, Texas, for the wedding of one of my college friends.  We had a fresh version of the stuffed avocado, and I was inspired to create a fresh light stuffed avocado of my own.  This is my take on it.  It's heaven, if I do say so myself.  ENJOY!

10-15 shrimp or ½ C crab meat
¼ red onion, finely minced
1 roma tomato, finely diced
3 T lemon juice
Grated cheddar cheese
Cumin
Paprika
Salt & Pepper
Avocados (Each avocado serves 2 people.)
Tortilla chips and Cayenne pepper for serving.

Sauté shrimp in garlic olive oil, and dice. Mix shrimp or crab, onion, tomato, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl. 
Cut avocados in half, remove seed, dice avocado “meat”, but leave in avocado skin.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese over avocado.
Fill with shrimp mixture.
Serve with tortilla chips and allow each person to sprinkle with cayenne as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment