Five-Spiced Sesame Tuna and Avocado
Juice of ½ lime
1/3 C balsamic vinegar
¼ C tamari (dark soy sauce)
3 T honey
2 T vegetable oil
4 6oz tuna steaks
2 t Chinese 5 spice powder
½ C toasted sesame seeds
¼ C snipped chives (the "green" of green onions will work if you don't have chives)
½ head iceburg lettuce, shredded
White rice (frozen in bag, microwavable)
1. Thickly slice the avocados lengthwise and coat with the lime juice to prevent browning; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, over med.-high heat, bring the vinegar, tamari, and honey to a low boil. Lower the heat and simmer until syrupy, 6-7 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Sprinkle tuna with 5 spice powder and season with salt and pepper. Place tuna in the skillet and cook, turning once, until just browned, 1-3 minutes on each side (depending on thickness.) Slice the tuna and top with sesame seeds and chives.
4. Place white rice in microwave and cook according to package directions. (Usually about 4 minutes.)
5. Divide lettuce among 4 plates and top with the tuna and avocado. Drizzle with the soy dressing. Put rice on the side.