home categories contact about me store
This blog is part of at least one affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Real Simple's Four-Week Dinner Plan - Week 1 Day 2

We only made one small modification to the recipe for Week 1 Day 2: Penne pasta with tomatoes, eggplant, and mozzarella...grilled chicken! (Well, and I always use my own homemade garlic olive oil and not extra virgin olive oil.) We seasoned 2 chicken breasts with "Kick'n Chicken", threw them on the grill, and sliced them into thin strips before tossing the chicken with the pasta. I did take the picture of the meal before adding the chicken to stay true to the Real Simple menu plan.  My 5 year old and I both loved this.  My husband isn't a fan of eggplant or tomatoes, so he made a sandwich and can't offer feedback. Our 1-year-old twins at the pasta, the eggplant (without the skin), and the chicken; they seemed to love it, too.  This recipe is a "keeper", and I'll use it when my husband is traveling.  Enjoy!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment